Friday, February 18, 2022

Post #6: First EOTO Reaction


    From a casual hobby to professional cinematography to military use in wars, drones are an integrated portion of modern society. In class, we listened to everyone speak about a technology as they taught the class something new. One that stood out to me was the drone. I own a drone myself that I fly from time to time. I have also watched videographers on YouTube make short films and other media with drones. While I am not the most knowledgeable in the topic of drones, I know more than the average person. Because of this I was intrigued to hear more about drones.


    While we know the everyday drone that you can fly around and most likely record video with, the drone extends that by a decent margin. The military use modern unmanned planes to attack the enemy. The main point of focus for my interest in this presentation was just how far back in time the "drone" has been used and what its early uses consisted of. The use of hot air balloon "drones" that would carry a bomb far away from the user and drop it on the enemy was especially fascinating to me. The idea of the unmanned vehicle has been in humans' minds for more than a century now, and that is quite a crazy thought. When I think of the drone, I think of modern technology that was not around even 20 years ago. This simply is not the case, as drones have been around since at least the late 1800's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: Our Relationship with Technology

The good, the bad, and the ugly. There's really no better way of describing our relationship with technology. It has helped us in accomp...